WHEN ITS HARD TO FORGIVE!!!!



WHEN ITS HARD to FORGIVE!!!!
What is the Maximum duration you ever remained offended ?

WAT!!!!! 
After slandering me and dragging my name and personality to the mud, without even saying sorry, yet you expect me to just forgive, you must be joking.

 I thought we were friends, I shared my most precious secrets and terrific Pains at His endearing display of love and care. I ever thought safety laid right in his arms, yet I became an object of ridicule by this same fellow.  He still had the guts to scold me in the presence of my friends. Hmmm , yet you talk about forgiveness. Excuse me!!!!


Carrying my bible and strolling down that busy road, I met this fellow whose disposition was nothing but PITY personified. Pleading for just 10Naira to buy a sachet water at least, out of benevolence, care and ‘Good- Samaritaness’, I handed him the #50 in my wallet that I would have use to aid my hungry stomach, In less than a twinkle of an eye, I found myself in an uncompleted building, filled with heartless young ritual killers, with my ‘Supposed benefactor’ standing with a knife in front of me. Divinity remains the explanation of how I managed to escape from that den. Yet you feel Such folk worth’s being forgiven, even in a 10000 world to come. LOLLLLzzzz!!!!Don’t joke with my emotions.

He raped me, denied it even in the Court and won the case, now I seem hopeless, rejected and societally marginalized just because of that single night of pleasure. Yet you feel he worth’s being forgiven? I wish you were in my shoes, you will understand why even in hell fire I wouldn’t forgive his great grand children.

He first made the vow, never to have any extra-marital affairs, yet He has jilted me. Always claiming the devil got the better part of him. Whenever I complained, he yells and batters me. Even our maid has become his favourite for the last 6months. Now he is claiming Born again. Mtcheww!!! What was he when we married? Am done, it’s all over!! Even if I forgive him, no room in my life for him again!! 
 


The list runs endless!!!
 Gory cases of humanly “supposed” unbearable Historic events, Deep bone-crushing and Jaw- breaking occurrences that places our minds on a default state of pain. Our heart beats skips so fast that even a sleeping ant could be disturbed. The rage, the fury, the Negligence of the offender coupled with his/her pride to own up. The grievous replay of the scene in our sub conscious, the indelible scar it has left on our lines of sight. All these becomes the cements and gravel that reinforces our decision never to forgive, at least UNTIL HE /SHE SAYS SORRY OR SHOWS REMORSE. Hence, we parade life thereafter, letting our conscience remain a slave to the offender.

On a Friday afternoon, in Government Secondary School Owerri, these two boys had a heated argument that propelled a fight between them. Like Fury and emotions would take the better part of reasoning, the other guy rushed him and dealt a blow on his rival, and blood saw a medium to receive fresh air. When he had returned from his extemporised display of malady, he pleaded with his injured colleague to forgive him, but the plea fell on deaf ears, as the sight of the blood alone was a great scar of defeat he couldn’t have imagined. Monday afternoon after break time, like a man unconsciously pricked by a sharp needle, He picked up the iron part of a spoilt pew behind the class, and rushed His Friday rival. A single whoop on his head called for an Obituary poster, as he slumped into an unconscious state that the medical doctors refer to as being dead. Today the Friday-injured, became the Monday-murderer who is still serving his jail terms in the Prison even before 2012 when I gained admission into GSSO.             

I still wonder how comfortable many people feel sleeping with today’s offence in their sub conscious, and waking into a new day with grieve so intense and so fresh. The pains of yesterday worth’s going as the second hand of time ticks away.

You need to remember this; SHIT HAPPENS so much in life that, you cannot stop it from occurring, rather you only have the option of taking a wise decision not to let yesterdays shit mar your today and nearest future. The sorry you await before you forgive him most times never comes from him, how long will you wait? It’s more honourable to take the first step in peace making, its maturity to apologize even when you were hurt. Hey!!!! It’s not just easy either, don’t force it.

The Ability to forgive is contingent on your understanding and perception of these two Concepts
Love and Grace
UNTIL you learn what true LOVE is;
  • You cannot obey the injunction to Love your enemy, your neighbour and your friend.
  •  You cannot see the possibility of  forgiving 70 x 7
  •  You cannot see the need to create no enemy for yourself
  •  And ultimately, you cannot tap into the available GRACE that makes forgiveness easy.
WHY FORGIVE?
      *  Because your breathing today is a product of LOVE and a     function of GRACE (You were forgiven to forgive others).
 *  Because your conscience is not destined to be a slave to anyone.
 *  Because the only place where the aggregate of human  suffering and pains better exist is in the heart of the creator. He   request the burden, let him have it!
 *  Because unforgiveness never reverses the statuesque/problem.
 *  Because forgiveness makes the scar less significant and less mind bugging.
*  Because you offend a lot of people too whose forgiveness you always crave for.
*  Because it makes the devil disappointed, as his most happy moments is when your life is shattered by hatred, garnished with grieve and encapsulated with bitterness.
*  Because you have a mission in life that you remain uncertain whose paths you have to cross and how many time you need to do so before you get to your destination.
Because the world is a small world, and the way up is down.
*  Because no one has the right to trap your smile, 
or limit your happiness, but unforgiveness sells that birthright 
to your rival.
WHEN ITS HARD TO FORGIVE, ITS TIME TO LET GO AND LET GOD!!!
I DONT HAVE TIME TO BE BITTER, I ONLY HAVE TIME TO BE BETTER....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )