THERE IS A KING IN YOU

Years ago, a time came when kings were gathered for a meeting in a faraway land. I got an invite to attend that meeting and so I put my things in order and set off on the journey. 

Two days later, I got to the venue, a magnificent palace with walls decorated with precious stones. I got into the palace and I sat down where servants were seated. A palace guard who saw me as I entered the palace walked up to me and bid me to follow him. I followed. 

He got to the front row, stopped and turned to me, he said "Look up there sir, that is where you are meant to be seated, up there, not down here". 

Confused I asked "aren't those seats meant for kings? I'm just a servant and I'm here to serve". 

He quickly checked his book and looked up at me and said "you look like a king to me and here look! You are named among the kings". 

Without further protest, I proceeded to the stage where kings sat and quietly found a seat amongst them. I was calm but my questioning mind wasn't. I needed to have a talk with the convener of the meeting. He was an old but wise king, well respected amongst kings. He was the father of kings. 

Before the meeting commenced, He walked in with so much authority and he had a regalia  of honor on him. I stood up immediately and walked down to meet him, just before he made it to his seat. Bowing, I spoke quickly but coherently. I asked him the questions which has plagued my heart ever since I arrived at the palace. 

I ended with this assertion "I'm no king, I'm just a servant."

He smiled quickly at me and said "Son look around you." 

I did and for some strange reasons my eyes fell on the seat where I was seated and I saw my name boldly engraved on it. In astonishment I turned back and looked at him, he smiled at me and said "Son, look again, there is a king in you, you need to acknowledge him and let him reign".

With that I shut my eyes and was lost in my world. By the time I opened my eyes again and with just one look around me, I had a smile on my face, I felt like a king, for I was a king.

******************************************

"There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, as an error which proceedeth from the ruler: Folly is set in great dignity, and the rich sit in low places. I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth" ~Ecclesiastes 10:5-7(KJV).

The truth is our mindset determines a lot of things about us. Who we are and who we hope to become, where we are and where we hope to be in future are greatly influenced by our mindset. If you have a positive mindset you're sure to get to your desired destination. Even when life throws stones at you,  you keep moving until you become. However, if you have a negative mindset, you won't go far, even when others see potential in you. Until you see what they can see in you, you can't harness them. You end up living like a servant when you are created to be a king.

If you were created to rule your world, then do just that. Allow the king in you to reign. It's an error (in fact the holy writ called it "evil" ) to live below what you were created to be. Remember, your playing small does not serve the world. Be the King you were created to be and make a difference.

There is a king in you. Do you see him?  If you do, let him reign.

Stay blessed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )