TRADE-OFF


So I stopped at Cele bustop in Lagos because the GIGM vehicle wouldn't stop at Coker Express for some clarified reason. I crossed over to the other lane,  to enter a mile 2 bus so as to stop along the road,  while carrying my luggage. 

After several failed attempts to get into a bus due to my load and the rush by other passengers, I picked up my phone to call by host to ask of an alternative. After due consultations I was encouraged to manage the exorbitant fare and ensure am safe. Just after that a young man spoke in my dialect behind me " be careful that you don't enter one chance. " those words activated "Alert-button" in my brain and I became more conscious of my environment.

Just as one pulled in front of me,  I had decided to activate the second button in me called "Button-Lagos-Life". As I lifted up my leg to enter the bus,  just then,  I felt a hand reaching for my phone in my pocket (I had just ended the call and placed the phone there as the bus pulled up.) Hehehehhee.... Immediately I reached back for my phone and the hand disappeared. My brethren,  there and then, I disembarked and allowed the bus go while I restrategised and waited for another vehicle.

There was a TRADE OFF. I was either going to catch the bus and part with my phone or loose the Bus,  spend more time and keep my phone!

In life,  we are plagued with a lot of challenges and circumstances that deserve and demand a conscious choice to trade off a valuable for a trivial substance or our Value system for an ephemeral pleasure.

We must stay woke and streetwise. We must develop conscious buttons that will help us understand and recognize when our joy and dignity is being demanded for on the table of money doublers. 

We must set priorities over our possessions in other to ensure our opportunities forgone are worth leaving for the other. We must recognize trouble at face value and be willing to loose time that get robbed.

As a leader (Potential or Active), you must understand when there is a call for change. You must realize challenges in the path you've  chosen,  the things you must let go and what you must hold on to. You must know when to step away from a ride that leads to a seemingly right destination but contains snatchers of your goals. You must know when to pay more to escape needless pains and in the midst of these,  you must learn to cultivate the habit of seeking Gods guidance even over the most inconsequential thought that crosses your mind.

I reached my destination with my phone in tact,  happy and with lessons learnt. It added value to my knowledge base and I'm glad I've got lessons to learn from it about my choice to Make A Difference!

Leadership needs trade-offs! However, ensure you make Divinely inspired ones.

Your MAD Advocate,
Daniel Obiyo
#QuintImpact
#JustMAD
#GetMAD
#MADAdvocate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )