EMBARRASSED BY TRASH!!!




Hehehehe…..
If you believe “Shit happens” you’ll resonate with this very well…
It’s not like Friday was the day I learnt this lesson, but it made me more conscious of the truth.
After attending a function in Abia State that day, it was already some minutes to 5pm, and I needed to head back to Rivers State same day. I happen to be sometimes selective in the vehicle I use, especially when I choose to take road side vehicles. Hehhehe…. I cannot comman pay the same amount of money to a ‘’rickety’’ car when I could have a ‘’nice” one take me to same place for same price nah! I searched and waited for a hummer bus that will be going to Aba, all to no avail. I even saw one, but it was looking scraggy #CoversMyFace, so I let it pass by. I finally got to the express where my longing heart assured me that I would get a variety to select from. Guess what???? None was there, Only an L300 bus with panel-beaten sides, and rough seats. Then it dawn on me that time had gone, and my best option was to follow this vehicle. After the loading guys pushed the vehicle to start, it took to the roads with an amazing speed that embarrassed my expectations.
While speeding along the express, the cars’ speed suddenly retarded and subsequently, the car went off. We had to roll off the road to a halt. The driver tri
ed fixing it, but the patience tablet we took had expired so almost every other passenger started reacting safe myself and some other persons who probably also understood that SHIT HAPPENS. We beamed with smiles when a decent looking Hyundia bus parked behind us and we were trans-loaded into it believing that we will cruise into Aba in flip of seconds. Kaiiiii!!!! That was the most expensive expectation that muted our description of a car with a fast engine. The snail-paced speed was an insult to the speedometer of that car. Finally, we reached Aba, and I was left with no other choice but to join yet another L300 bus against my wish. I had already anticipated those hummer buses that complete the journey in 1hour instead of 1hour 30mins. To my greatest amazement, it appeared to be the fastest journey I had made with public transport to Rivers State from Aba. We were in Rivers after about 50mins drive.
===================================================================================
Sometimes the little things we overlook are the custodians of the results we anticipate. We subconsciously define things by presumed outcomes because of stereotypes and public opinions, and it blinds our eyes to the objective truth about such things. We quickly conclude against circumstances because of a mistake that occurred in the past and forget the truth that Change is constant, and happens most times without our permission. We are oftentimes too quick to call and treat people as TRASH because they do not speak, look, seem to be in our class or the strata next to us. A policeman once bullied a driver in whose car he travelled in by telling his colleagues at a check point to deal with him. He felt everyone in the car was within his intimidation container, unknown to him that there was an Army Major in disguise seated at the far back. I am sure you can figure out who was finally embarrassed.
============================================================================
Every time we choose to define things outside the perspective of fairness we stand a chance to be embarrassed by such things we call trash.
Every moment we choose to look down on what society calls a “dirty-job” eg. Frying Bean-Cake, we get embarrassed by the fact that mama Okey has built a duplex and bought a car with that job.
Every time we choose to take extreme conclusions on hear-say, past stories and without concrete evidence, we face the risk of being embarrassed by our choice when we see how untrue those narratives are in present realities. Oh the danger of a single story!

I am not advising we despise learning from experience, No! Rather don’t despise any option that comes to you on the grounds of assumption.

Don’t be Quick to call anything/person Trash!
Shit Happens!
The unrefined Gold exists in disguise before it appeals to value!

#QuintImpact
I Blog, I Speak, I am your Quintessential Public Speaking Coach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )