Beyond the norm!

Until last week, I never had a clearer understanding of how powerful our strong will and optimism can drive us.

Sometime within the week, I had a need to travel to Lagos for an assignment. By the second day, I was done with the official purpose that took me down there. I decided to visit a friend at the Island before travelling back. On my way down there, I saw this brother of mine whom left the east a day before myself. His Passion for music made him travel this far, his optimism to be the best so filled his waking and sleeping thoughts. While I decided to give him a call that I was passing the gates of a place he had so longed to be, I immediately saw him entering that same gate! What a coincidence empowered by strong will.

While I was with my friend in the Island, I saw dogged hustling of both aged women and young kids that caught my emotions. How young boys carried Kgs of goods on a plank on top of their head, while struggling to move in obviously weighty pains. I was deeply touched when I equally saw old women, old enough to be my grandmothers do the same thing. I even remember how that woman missed a step and had 8 Quarter-bags of detergents fall on her . Oh how much pains their necks and waist suffer!!! Then came 5kids of between 5-9years of age carrying similar loads, heavier than normal, just for a meagre fee.

All this were products of a strong will to survive in an economic devastated environment. The wage was obviously not handsome but the fact that there was a reward was satisfying to these people. For my friend I saw in Lagos, the pains of saying good bye to his close friends in the east wasn't easy, but the fact that he is pursing passion and purpose is satisfying enough.

The paths to satisfaction and fulfilment has never been an easy road no matter how beautiful it appears when achieved. To build that future of your dream, you must not only be dogged, but also optimistic. Optimism helps you face challenges as necessary rungs of the ladder to your zenith. Optimism helps you find all the possible routes to take to your destination. It helps you patiently go through the "phrases" and "clauses" that will make up your "success stories". Never forget that the beauty of your future's glory is a function of the ruggedness of today's challenges that makes your success stories.

Hold on to that dream, pursue it within the limits of Holiness and Righteousness. With an optimistic faith in God, you will surely stand someday with a broad smile of victory, success and accomplishments.



Quintessential Danny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )