PLANNING 3: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR PLAN "FAILS"!


Shit happens right?

I remember sometime ago, I had written down a couple of things I wanted to achieve in a quarter of the year. I kept my daily activities revolving around those things to the best of my ability. I tried reviewing it from time to time to check my progress level, until it came to the end of the quarter in question. Guess what! I couldn't achieve up to 50% of the things I had written down.

As painful as this outcome was, I was however glad that it happened to me. Sounds weird right! YES, the outcome of that shortcoming and disappointment made me ask myself relevant questions, as to why I haven't been able to achieve much, even with all the plans and efforts I have put into it. I was on the verge of giving up planning my life and future activities until I got an answer from within.

I found out that I had taken more than time and necessity demanded I took for the time being. I also discovered that I had been, at some points, carried away by so many terivialies. It was also made clear to me that, having spent much time on some of the achieved plans, that I had learnt a lot more new things that I never envisaged when I drew the plan. This and many more lessons helped me understand the place of disappointments in achieving goals.

What do you then do when efforts to achieve  your own plans fail?

THINK
Its wisdom to sit back and think about how much success one has made as well as how much hindrances you were not able to overcome. The truth is, in this deep thoughts and critical re-examination of your efforts you gain strength and answers to the too many questions that cloud your mind at that point in time. Thinking exposes your mind power to alternate ways of doing things to gain desired results. It reveals wrong choices who had made, things you have over done, and things you took for granted that all culminated to your current outcome. Think right!

LEARN
Its one thing to think through a challenge, and yet another task to learn from it. Great minds learn from everything that pops up along their way to greatness. They embrace challenges and grow with lessons learnt from such. You need to learn from the successful choice and wrong ones too to make the next attempt worth trying. You know, the reason why people complain of having tried something more than once and yet failed is because they have probably, not learnt from each failed attempt. When you learn, you Listen to every detail in other to EARN success.

TRY AGAIN
... Not as day as it sounds right? Yes! It sure isn't.
But its the best choice you can ever make. Friends listen, You don't fail when you can't achieve it, you fail when you stop trying to get it right! Hence, quitting is a taboo for success driven individual. The only thing you're permitted to quit doing is, following the wrong path, making the wrong choice, being discouraged, doubting your maker. Until you learn to try again with the knowledge you have gained from what you learnt, you will never achieve that dream of yours! Never give up, unless you're sure you are on the very wrong track.

THE GOD FACTOR
We live in a dispensation where knowledge has so grown that almost everyone you will meet in a race knows up to 90% of what you know. Distinctions has turned from being a function of knowledge to a function of wisdom in its application. Where else can man find wisdom to press the right buttons,to take the right decisions, and make sustainable success if not in GOD. Each time you fail to achieve something, don't forget to review your relationship with God and how much in support of your plans He is. Don't fail to ask him for direction to do the right thing and seek his guidance in achieving your dreams. Efforts encapsulated by grace always yield fruits!

If you can try these tips, you're sure of getting that dream of yours accomplished irrespective of the challenges you will face.

Join me tomorrow for part 4 of PLANNING SERIES!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BRAIN: POWERFUL DETERMINANT FOR ACTIVATION OF POTENTIALS

BURST THAT COCOON ( BTC )